Pages

Monday, September 19, 2016

Garden 2015

This year we decided to try something a little different with the garden. Since we started the new greenhouse, we had lots of room to grow seeds. We grew a few too many and decided to have a tomato plant sale. It worked out really well. I was surprised at the amount of people that were itching to buy tomato plants from us. We were able to make enough money to pay for our seeds and supplies for this years crop. I'm thinking we have found a little side business for ourselves.

Started as tiny seeds, our little plants are starting to grow!


As they started to grow larger, we moved them into individual, larger containers.


Lots of maters ready to go home with their new owners!



The guard dog making sure no one messes with Perry as he plants all those yummy maters.
She actually loves to eat tomatoes. I've never seen a dog chow down on maters like this one!

All those sweet little babies ready to show off. I can't wait for that first BLT!

We had a bumper crop this year for sure. In fact, we still had tomatoes all the way to Halloween.

So of course, when you have that many maters, you have to can them!
Yummy! I can already taste the veggie soups and spaghettis and chili!












Another crop that did fabulous this year was our Hays Cranberry Butterbeans.
I craved these while I was pregnant with EC.




Pickles, pickles, pickles.
These won't last long.



And last but not least, Perry's favorite thing I "can".....
Homemade wine!


All three of our varieties turned out lovely this year.
This should be enough to last us through the winter, but we'll see! ;)

I love our little farm and gardens. Even bigger plans for next year!!
 


No comments: