Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Welcome Home!



Okay, I'm one of those crazy people that love surprises. Not to be on the receiving end, but on the giving end! It's always better to give than receive right? :)

So I had big plans to surprise the girls at school with their daddy coming home. Knowing their daddy doesn't like big hooplas, I could only convince him to do it on a very small scale which was fine we me as long as I got my pictures. Only problem was that he came home on a Friday afternoon. That didn't exactly give us enough time to get him to the school that day. That meant I had to keep him hidden and all to myself all weekend.....darn! ;)

My parents were able to keep the girls all weekend so my plans would work. They took them to school Monday morning and the girls didn't have a clue! We started by going to Miss Priss's room first. Her teacher had all the kids sitting in the floor facing away from the door. She told them they had a special veteran coming to visit and P walked through the door. Miss Priss jumped up and bolted to greet her daddy. I don't think she wanted to let him go!









Little Bit's surprise wasn't as easy. Her teacher was sick that day so they had divided the kids into different classrooms. We weren't sure where she was and how to get to her without spoiling the surprise. Finally Mr. Byrd, the principal, found her and brought her to us. Poor thing thought she was in trouble and didn't know what was going on until she saw Daddy! I don't think she wanted to let him go either!






 The paparazzi following them out of the building. We were snapping and videoing the whole ordeal!

Finally getting to go home with their daddy!


Thankfully my parents did join us because unfortunately the SD card from my camera burned out on me and I lost everything! I was VERY upset, but at least I do have a few pictures of the event.




After surprising the girls at school we headed to Trussville to surprise P's mom at her office. This surprise was little harder to keep secret. For those of you who know me, I'm not good at keeping things like this too myself. I just get too excited. I somehow managed to keep his homecoming a secret though. Yea me!

This surprise was great! P's mom, Donna, is the office manager at a Doctor's office so she has to deal with unhappy patients from time to time. I called the front desk lady, Nancy, to let her know we were coming and to get her to help us out. She was amazing and I still don't know how she kept a straight face. Nancy convinced Donna there was a very upset patient waiting to speak to her at the window.
Donna did not want to deal with this! Then to top things off she noticed someone standing there with a video camera (she didn't notice it was her own granddaughter though!), so she just knew she was in deep trouble with this crazy patient.

  As she finally came to the window, she had a confused look on her face. When she realized what was actually happening......

 She screamed and ran around to the door to hug his neck.

 She kept saying "Oh, gosh, oh...."

Even though she called me sneaky (hehehehe), I think she was quite surprised and happy to have him home!

All in all, my surprises went pretty well and everyone played along with my craziness. Everyone was excited to have him home safe and sound.


4 comments:

Meg said...

Becky wrote: "Love yall and never stopped praying!! :)"

Meg said...

Kelly Maynard Miller wrote: "Yay, so glad he's back with all 3 of you gorgeous girls, Meg!!"

Meg said...

Dana Wilson Andrews wrote: Thank you for sharing this special homecoming with all of us! I know that all of you are so happy. Your girls are beautiful.

Alice said...

Brings tears to my eyes!! So glad he's home safe and sound! Can't wait to see you later this month. :)