Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2012

The last two months....

In order to explain part of my absence over the past couple of months we have to go back to the Spring of 2011. On the 18th of April, the girls and I took P to the airport. It was the last time we saw him for the next 7 months. You see he is the national guard and was deployed to the middle east. I wasn't allowed to blog about this for several reasons, but the most important was safety. Because he is in the special forces, it was safer others didn't know where he was and it was safer for us because no one needs to know we 3 girls were home alone.

Now that he has safely returned, I am allowed to blog about it!!!!

The unit being briefed before the ceremony started.

 I just love this picture!

 Daddy and his girls as he gets ready to leave.

 Miss Priss hugs Daddy before he leaves.

 Little Bit hugs Daddy before he leaves.

 P was deployed with a lot of great guys, this is just a couple of them!

 One last wave.

 We were fortunate enough to get to go out on the tarmac to watch the guys get on the plane.

 This is the last shot of P as he gets on the plane. He's the one on the steps about to board the plane.

 There they go....

on their LONG flight!


So what does this have to do with my absence? Well, my wonderful hubby came home exactly 7 months later on November 18th and I've been a little pre-occupied since. There was no big welcome home, just a short drive to the armory to finally be in his arms again! With the holidays and other crazy events in our lives, I haven't exactly had much time to blog. Now that things have slowed down a little I hope to get caught back up and stay updated!

Thanks to all of you for your thoughts, prayers, encouraging words and helping hands. A special thanks to Mark, Rose, Pop, Jay, Papaw and Robbie for helping me keep the place up while he was gone. I couldn't have done it without you! Thanks to everyone that kept the girls, changed the oil in my car and just kept me going! We are truly blessed to have such wonderful friends and family in our lives!!!




1 comment:

Jessica said...

Excuses...Excuses! ;) Just Kidding! I am so glad he's back home safely with his girls. I know ya'll are too. I'm glad to see you back in the blogging world! :)