Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Muscadine Jelly.....yum!


A few weekends ago I decided to make some muscadine jelly. The jelly turned out pretty good, but it was a little stringy. Tasted yummy, so it didn't really matter! We had a few more muscadines hanging on the vines, so I decided to try it again. That batch was almost ready, then BAM it stuck to the bottom and burnt the whole thing! I was soooooo mad!!! All that hard work and nothing to show for it.

I had all but given up when Papa Perry and Mimi shared their muscadines with us. Even though it was late, my wonderful hubby stayed up with me and helped peel and separate all the berries. The next night we cooked them down and canned them.  The jelly is a little thin, but overall it turned out pretty good!


Fresh from the vine!


All peeled and separted! I didn't know both parts were used to make the jelly! Nothing but the seeds are discarded!

Pouring the jelly into jars.

Look at all those wonderful Christmas presents for this year! ;)

Shelby finaly gave up and decided to take a nap when none of the muscadines fell on the floor!


No comments: