Pages

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Friday Night Lights

Last Friday night the girls and I decided to go catch a Springville High School football game! Go Tigers! As much as we love the tigers, we really wanted to see Uncle Jay and the band! Uncle Jay (my brother) is a sophomore at SHS and plays the trumpet. This year he has not one, but TWO solos!!! He is my brother, so you know I'm gonna brag, but he is seriously GOOD!!! I was amazed! He was Awesome. The girls had a blast listenting and can't wait to catch another game later in the season.




Getting ready for the game and waiting for Pop to pick us up!



The Game:



The band getting ready to march in.


Taking the field. (Brings back memories!)


The trumpets! (Must say I'm a little partial!)



Uncle Jay's solos:






Hanging out with his favorite neices after the half-time show!

Playing taps at the end of the 3rd quarter.



The girls had a blast and loved every minute of the game! Can't wait to catch another one this season!



3 comments:

Holly-- The Storm Chaser said...

Gooooo Tigers!! Looks like y'all have another drum major in the making!

Jessica said...

I love the girls outfits! They look so cute! You know, my cousin Brandon is a drum major this year!

Meg said...

Thanks Jess! The girls had this silly notation in their head that everyone would laugh at them for those ribbons! (There Daddy picked at them jokingly and they just knew everyone would think they looked silly....thanks Daddy!!:) I will have to let them know that you said they looked cute! Maybe it will help my case! HA!

I didn't realize that was Brandon! That's awesome that both brothers were Drum Major. I know you guys are so proud of them. He did a great job!