Pages

Sunday, August 21, 2016

Gloomy Saturday projects around the house

You know the woodsman has to stay busy all the time, so on this rainy Saturday he started a project just for me! I showed him a picture of a screen door I just loved from Pinterest. Low and behold if he didn't build one even better. In fact, he built not just one, but two! One for the front door and one for the kitchen door. While he was busy building away, I was busy playing with old muscadine vines. I've made tons of wreathes in the past, but this year I decided to try something a little different. I bent them into a cross. I thought it turned out pretty cool. One day it will look great on my new screen door!


The finished project. This picture doesn't really even do it justice. I love, love, love my doors. Oh and did I mention this wood came from a tree that fell during the 2011 storms at his mom and dads!?! Makes it even more special. And the wreath was my mother's day present from the Woodsman and the girls last year. They found the vine in the woods behind our house.




No comments: