Pages

Saturday, November 18, 2023

Starting on the countertops!

Oh man, it's not the most flattering picture, but I don't care. This was the last time I cleaned these stupid, horrible countertops!! Now that Friendsgiving and herb classes are over with, I am sooooo excited to get these things out of here! I'm not excited about the whole process, but I know it will be worth it in the long run. Goodbye 80s white bathroom tile. Hello white oak that was laying behind our house when we moved here. I know the tree is just as excited about getting in out of the elements and becoming part of a beautiful kitchen. 

I tried to get pictures of every angle.





Perry used the porch as his work station. It was beautiful weather (to begin with).

Needed a little extra weight to hold the boards down.
First of a lot of sanding.
It already feels better.
Woah, this is the part that makes me want to run away. I hate all the crap flying everywhere and how dirty everything gets.

But look at that new sink!! Worth it!
This sink and faucet retailed for $500+. We found it ready to install on craigslist for $40!
All the boards are in for the countertop and backsplash. Now for the fiberglass resin to go in the holes and in the gaps between the boards.


Yeah, that wasn't enough tape. I ended up having to crawl inside the cabinets and tape up the boards from the bottom so the fiberglass wouldn't go everywhere. We still had some problem spots, but it looks great. It was a lot of work!

 

No comments: