Pages

Saturday, November 11, 2023

Herb Class

My goodness what an herb class this month. It was cold and drizzling, but that didn't stop us from having a good turnout. We were supposed to celebrate Lesa's birthday, but she was sick this time. Boo!
However, we did have a deer visit us in at the end of class! She came running through the kitchen and bumped into my leg. I thought it was one of our dogs at first. Then I look down and a deer is standing there panting. She looked a little troubled, but nothing too bad. She had a collar on so we tried to leash her and put her in fence after Scully chased her to the back fence, but we quickly discovered that she was not having that. She ran off up the hill and we hope she made it back to wherever she came from. It was just the strangest thing. She had to have been a pet or a rescue. I've never seen a deer just come up to a crowd of people like that before.
We used the new stove to keep everyone warm and I baked them some bread and cookies in the new oven while everyone was on an herb walk. It went really well and we are done until next year!

These silly girls!! Faelyn "borrowed" her mom's phone and theytook pictures of themselves in the new tree house area. I love these girls and that my girl gets to grow up with some good homeschool buddies. I'm thankful Brooke shared these pictures with me too! Crazy things!







 

No comments: