Pages

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Easter 2010


We began our BEAUTIFUL easter morning with two little girls jumping up and down excitedly about what the easter bunny had left for them. The two little turkeys sweethearts tip-toed into the livingroom without us to see their surprises. Then came running into our room yelling...."He brought us fishing poles....get up, get up, come on!!!" So at 7am we drug ourselves out of bed to begin the process!






After watching the excitement, I quickly moved into the kitchen to bake a couple of pies. Lemon Meringue pies from scratch that is! I had just enough time to bake the pies, get the girls dressed, get myself ready and get out the door.





Finally making sure we had packed everything we headed to church with Mimi and PapaPerry. After service we headed back to Mimi's for a yummy lunch, pictures and an easter egg hunt...



Some people weren't as happy as others to have their pictures taken!




















After a long day spent in dresses, the girls were ready to head home.
That evening we had plans to grill out and have a bond fire by the creek. Granny T, Papa Jim, Pop, Uncle Jay, Papaw and D all came over to enjoy the wonderful summer-like weather. It was the best place to be with 2 new fishing rods from the easter bunny!!!






Yes that is my husband fishing in his Utlikilt!

Miss Priss was the only one to catch a fish! Look at that proud smile!

All in all we had a great Easter Day. I really hated to see it end. I hope to be doing a lot more of this very soon though!



2 comments:

Holly-- The Storm Chaser said...

I love the shot of them holding hands. So sweet.

Meg said...

Kathy Callahan said:

Meg,

Your pie looks delicious. Next time, save me a piece! The girl's dresses were beautiful. Did Donna make them? I noticed the monogramming. Did P tell you we ran into him at Chick-Fil-A in Irondale? Celeste and I were meeting for lunch; I saw P come in and I guess he looked my way when he felt someone staring at him! I thought, wow that guy looks just like P, and it was! I asked how Easter was and he told me that Emily was scared of the bunny and had to sleep with Abby. Don't feel bad; Alysia thought Sarah was the only child who was scared of the Easter bunny! Alysia told her that the bunny would bring her a basket, so Sarah asked what was in the basket. Alysia said candy, so Sarah told her that was okay; she had enough candy! She had to tell Sarah she would tell the bunny not to come just so she would go to sleep. The next morning Alysia told her she had found the basket outside. Sarah said that was okay and next year he could leave it out there again! That was a good idea for the Easter bunny to bring fishing poles. Your place looks idyllic for a couple of little girls who like to fish. Tell P to enjoy this time with them because when they turn about twelve or thirteen they won't want to do it anymore!

Keep the pictures coming; I love to see the girls growing up.
Kathy