Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Miss Priss's ballet recital

Miss Priss and Little Bit started taking ballet lessons at the beginning of the school year. It was a great schedule for all of us because they were both in class and it gave me the oppurtunity to take fiddle lessons for myself! We had our Christmas recital that poor Miss Priss did not get to participate in (click here to read why), but we were excited because after Christmas break we were going to add piano lessons for Miss Priss into the mix.

Things were going well for a few weeks. Then everything was turned upside down when the gymnastics teacher just up and quit! The ballet teacher was now going to do both classes and that meant some schedule changes. The schedule changes made it impossible to get Little Bit into a class, therefore impossible for me to continue fiddle lessons as well. I was so disappointed for us both, but I couldn't just stop taking Miss Priss to her classes. So the wonderful Mrs. Kym let Little Bit became the assistant to the big kid's class. It was precious!

Miss Priss was able to continue her lessons in both ballet and piano. The ballet recital was this past Sunday afternoon and her first piano recital is the coming Friday night. I just love it! Miss Priss is so excited about all the recitals and sharing her talents with friends and family. Thanks to everyone who came out to support her!

Miss Priss's class is made up of 2 divisions, the teenagers (as Miss Priss calls them) and the younger girls. These are the 4 younger girls in the class.

Little Bit sitting with Mrs. Kym wating for the recital to begin.

Little Bit assisting Mrs. Kym during the show.

The girls waiting to go on stage.


The performance:



****I could just cry over the next pictures that you are about to see! I was using a new lens on my camera I was not very familiar with. During the best part of the recital, I was sitting in the perfect spot to take the pictures and I totally messed them up!!! It makes me sick! I wanted to stop the whole program, change my lens and make them start over. I still can't believe I messed them up so bad. Guess I better stick to what I know next time huh!*******





After the recital, I took the opportunity to snap a couple of shots of the girls all dressed up! They both did a wonderful job performing and assisting! 


So long to ballet....next year we will start our Irish Dancing! Whoo hooo!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Where are they taking Irish Dancing at? That's something different you don't hear to much about.

Meg said...

There are a couple of different places in birmingham. The one we are looking at is in Homewood.

Granny T said...

Two pretty little ballerinas. I'm glad that Miss Priss got an opportunity to have her recital since she was sick and missed the first one!