Pages

Friday, August 20, 2010

The Tartan Museum

I know it's a little late, but I wanted to share more about our summer vacation. With school starting back, things are crazy and I just haven't had time to blog about everything I've wanted to. I guess I am playing catch-up, so the next few posts will be a little out of order and old. Sorry.

These pictures are from our visit to North Carolina. On our way back from the Scottish Festival to Granny T and Jim's cabin, we drove through Franklin to check out the Tartan Museum. It wasn't all I was expecting, but it was cool to see a store devoted to kilts and all things Scottish.

I was trying to take a picture of the phone number as we drove by.
Pretty bad picture, but it shows the sign of the building.


Making a kilt.

P really enjoyed looking at all the different kilts and how
they've changed over the years.



Downtown Franklin was so neat. I love these small mountain towns.
Everything seems to homey and inviting. Man we've got to move there!


1 comment:

ladaisi said...

I love your post! I spent about every weekend one year driving around the small towns in NC, frequenting their book shops and local coffeehouses. My favorite is Brevard, but I also like Highlands, Bryson City, Waynesville, and Asheville (bigger but definitely worth visiting)!