Pages

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Gotta love teachers

So the girls are both loving school and that makes me breathe a sigh of relief. Miss Priss comes home talking my ear off about the latest 2nd grade "gossip" ....you know... friend 1 wore her hair so cute today and friend 2 likes that crazy boy (as she rolls her eyes) and today I learned how to.... and look at all the homework I have *ugh*!

But Little Bit is a little different. She's talkative, but she's the one I have to ask questions to about her day to get any information. So she surprised me when she came running to tell me about her day...... The one thing she was proud to say she learned from her first day of school was "Zip it, Lock it and Put it in your pocket". Then she said it again and again as she does the motions to zip her mouth closed. I wanted to laugh so hard, but I managed to keep a straight face and ask her what that meant. She replys, "To be Quiet!!!". I could no longer hold it in, I had to laugh!

So the first thing she learns at school and actually remembers is to be quiet. Ha! I am a teacher myself, so I know how important it is to make sure the kids are quiet for lessons, but I had never heard it put in those terms before. And I guess, from a teacher's perspective, if they only remember and learn one thing from that first day of school it's gotta be to "Zip it, Lock it and Put it in your pocket"!!

1 comment:

Granny T said...

I know it makes you happy to see Miss Priss & Little Bit excited about their first several days in school. Let's hope it stays that way. I love the "zip it, lock it, & put it in your pocket." That's a winner!