Pages

Saturday, December 9, 2023

Countertops

Now for the worst part of all.....sanding. Not that I am having to do the sanding, but I know the clean up is going to be a huge pain. Even with the drop cloth up I am finding dust everywhere. Its one step closer to having apretty kitchen so it's completely worth it but **sigh**. 



Now on to the staining. Abby made the stain from some of our black walnuts. It turned out to be the PEREFCT color! I couldn't be happier with it.
EC and Marnay helping me stain. We put two coats on it.


Now for the oiling. The flax seed oil really makes the color pop.

Perry added these corbels to the bar and it makes it look 100% better.






After the oil dried I tried to wash some dishes. When the water splashed on the wood it made water marks and the stain would wipe away. So we decided to go ahead and urathane the top. I didn't really want to, but in order to preserve the wood and keep my coutertops looking amazing, we went for it. I LOVE my new countertops. It makes my kitchen feel warm and cozy. I can't wait to get it there and start cooking. While we had the kitchen torn apart I went ahead and put new contact paper in the cabinets and drawers. Talk about having that new kitchen feel. It's wonderful!

 

No comments: