Pages

Friday, February 8, 2013

GMHG part 2 - Opening Night Ceremonies

The GMHG 2012 began on Thursday night with the torchlighting ceremony. We have attended the games for 6 years now and have never made it to this event. Our first year and it's so foggy you can barely see someone standing 5 feet in front of you. UGH! Or so I thought at first!
 
 
Since we couldn't see anything, I figured no one would question me with my camera if I walked to the cented of the field. Heck all I had to do was back up 6 feet and they couldn't see me anyway!

 
Because of the fog, I was able to get some awesome shots of the torches, speakers and bagpiper. The pictures look like they could have been taken in Scotland!!! I was thrilled!
 


 
The Hay Clan member Arthur announcing the arrival of the Hay Clan.
 

All of the announcers joined hands and were welcomed to the games.
 
 
The center where each clan placed its torch after claiming attendance to the games.



The last 3 pictures are my favorite. The bagpiper walked around the torches playing The Scottish National Anthem and was kind enough to stop every once in a while for people to snap some pictures.
 
So we were disappointed at first with the weather, but it turned out to be pretty cool!
 
 

1 comment:

Granny T said...

The fog really did add a touch of "magic" to the lights/lighting in the pictures!