Pages

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Garden update

I know I haven't exactly been updating about the garden like I wanted to, but I've been a little busy actually working in the garden and in the kitchen. I have been picking, canning and freezing quite a bit over the past couple of weeks. Seems like everything decided to come in all at the same time! Soooo, so far I have canned 13 pints of green beans, 2 and 1/2 quarts of tomatoes (lots more of those to come), 10 and 1/2 quarts of kraut and frozen countless bags of squash. It's a busy time of the year, but I love it!!!

In just a week or so the corn will be ready and the rest of the tomatoes should start turning! Busy, busy, busy, but come winter we will all be happy with all the summer veggies we have to eat! Yum!

Kraut

Tomatoes

Green beans...yummmm.....my fav!



More to come soon!


No comments: