Pages

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Class of 2001 - 10 year reunion

It has been a little hard to admit, but I have actually been out of high school for 10 years now! Some days it seems like it was just yesterday, but others it seems like a life time ago. Way back in the day I was super nerdy and super involved...imagine that! I was queen band nerd as the drum major, beta club president and even the Senior class secretary/treasurer. I ran for the office simply to have the title and get to sit on the front row at graduation! Little did I know or realize the office held a lot more for me in the future. Guess who is suppose to be in charge of getting the reunions together....yep, the class officers!



So....with the help of our class president's wonderful wife, Dre' (who didn't even attend our school), my best friend from high school, Celeste and our class valedictorian, Kelly, we managed to put together an amazing reunion. It was a huge success thanks to all the hard work of the above mentioned and another classmate, Emily, who donated her grandparent's BEAUTIFUL blueberry farm and her husband the DJ to the cause. We couldn't have done it without you!


The beautiful venue.

The adorable table candles.

Drink and dessert table.

Me welcoming people as they arrive. Here in the picture I am welcoming Chris, who told his wife he wouldn't be able to make it due to work. Alice was quite surprised and excited to see her hubby! How sweet.

Alice

Celeste and Emily in deep conversation. I'm sure they weren't gossiping about anyone!! ;)

Hey Katie.

Kelly reading our senior prophecies.

Everyone hanging out.


My favorite pictures of the night: 
 
 

20 years of friendship. We 4 have been friends since I moved to Springville way back in 1991. We were all in Mrs. Cagle's 3rd grade class.

 
Besties!



All the graduates of 2001 that came to the reunion. We have a great turn out of 30 graduates.

Special thanks to my date: my dad! He was our photographer for the evening and captured all these great shots for us.

Next time I am handing the planning portion of the reunion off to whoever wants to take it! It was lots of work, but I think it turned out pretty good.





1 comment:

Holly-- The Storm Chaser said...

LOVE all the pics. I loved hearing all about it from Kelly. I tried to talk her into taking me as her date instead o her husband. :) So gad y'all had such a fun time!