Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Our first garden on our own part 1

With P being gone for the growing season this year, it is up to us girls (plus a little help from Papaw here and there I am sure!) to grow our veggies this year. Basically if we want those yummy, fresh summer veggies, we have to fend for ourselves. So we'll see how it goes....

This is how I normally like to start our gardening season. I just think its neat to start from seeds! This year I wanted to make sure the girls had a hands-on experience every step of the way starting with actually planting the seeds.

Of course Shelby had to sniff it all out and see what was going on.

I counted out the seeds and place them where they should be and the girls did the rest. I was so proud! Hopefully they will grow up knowing how to grow their own food and have an appreciation for gardening! Mommy is just now learning how great it is!

Keep watching for progress on our little project!


1 comment:

Jessica said...

I just bought one of those things today! Hopefully we will have a nice garden this year also! Good Luck!