Pages

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Grow little garden grow.....

Gardening adds years to your life and life to your years!
 
The older I get the more I find that I Love gardening. We've had a garden for years now, but I am starting to find myself more and more attached to it. Its a good feeling to know where your food comes from, but it's also a calming feeling to work in the dirt too. This year I have been super involved and I've loved every minute of it. This time of year is one of my favorites because all the plants look so new and healthy. Here are a few pics of all my wonderful veggies!
Cabbage

Cabbage

Kale

Kale

Onions

Baby carrots

Lettuce

Potatoes

Potatoes

Tomatoes

Tomatoes

Squash

Peppers

Cucumbers

Cucumbers

One of my favorite views from the trial looking back at the whole garden.

Corn

Corn
 
Green beans
 
Green beans
 
Herbs - lemon thyme, parsley, orange mint, dill, lavender, lemon balm, bee balm, cilantro

Muscadines

Muscadines

Blueberries

Blueberries

Peaches
 
Not a veggie, but I LOVE my lantana!
 
 
We also have our chicken house (mansion) up and running! Right now we are collecting about 2 and 1/2 eggs a day! More pics later on the building of the mansion!

Love my sign we found at Collinsville Trade Days.

From the front of the run.

The whole chicken pen/mini garden area with my raised beds!

From the side. Half the run is covered with wire and the other half covered with tin so they can enjoy the outdoors even if its raining. (I'm telling ya its not just a house, its a chicken mansion!)

Love my mini garden area!

We have 4 hens (had 5, but we've dealt with a sneaky fox! More on that later too!) and 1 rooster. All Rhode Island Reds. They are a good dual purpose chicken (that means they are good layers and good for eating)!

More picture to come as my little garden grows! I hope to have lots to can, freeze and eat!
 
 


No comments: