Pages

Friday, October 7, 2011

Whoo, hoo, hoo loves edible fall crafts....we do, we do!

 Fall is in the air and I am in LOVE! I'm in love with the weather, the decorations, the holidays, the colors of the leaves and most of all with a new website I've found.... Pinterest. Its basically an online bulletin board that you can pin all those great ideas you find on the internet to. Its the modern version of clipping pages out of a magazine and physically pinning them to a cork board. 

I see things on the web all the time that I would like to try, but if I'm not looking at it I forget about it. I bet NO ONE else out there is like that!! HA! So this keeps ideas organized and categorized for me! I'm officially addicted to Pinterest!

After finding some great craft ideas on pinterest yesterday, the girls and I decided to go home and get started on these yummy edible creations! First we made witch's hats from striped cookies, hershey kisses and orange icing. This was super easy for little hands and not to mention super cute too!

 
The girls unwrapping all those kisses! That was the hardest part of the whole project (well I take that back, the hardest part was keeping them from eating everything along the way!).


 
Our finished batch of witch hats!


The second project was another easy one for little hands after the initial baking and icing of the cupcakes. We made our adorable Owl cupcakes with Oreos and M&M's. While sitting down to watch TV, we twisted the tops off the Oreos and place the M&M's into the white filling. Once we placed the Oreos on top of the icing, we topped it off with an Orange M&M for his beak. Super cute and once again super easy!


 

Thanks to Pinterest for making me feel like an actual organized person and for leading me to all these cute ideas. The girls and I had a great time creating and just spending some quality time together. 


More projects and fun ideas to come soon I'm sure!!



3 comments:

Jessica said...

I am so addicted also! I love the owl cupcakes! So cute!

Granny T said...

Just too cute!!!!!!!!

Nonna said...

Yep! I think Pinterest is probably my next addiction, too! Love the cupcakes and cookies!!