Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

The big K-5 zoo field trip

 Last Friday I had the pleasure of going on Little Bit's first field trip. She's in Kindergarten, so of course we went to the ZOO! It was the perfect day for an outdoor trip. We couldn't have asked for better weather. And best of all, the trip just happened to fall during my fall break....so I didn't even have to take a day off (although I would have!)

We started our day on the animal carousal. Little Bit had to ride the tiger to show team spirit!

 


Then we moved along to the barnyard animals. I love that they have added this to the zoo. The kids see "normal" animals that live around here and they get to pet them!
 
 
 She's so funny! She loves ponies and insisted she have her picture made in front of them so I could put it on the blog!

 Just cute!

 Digging for dinosaur bones!

 Little Bit and her little friend we walked around with all day. They were so cute together and just fed off of each others excitement!

 Watching the massive alligator snapping turtle. 

 Amazed by the bobcats.

Okay I thought this was cool. The momma and daddy lions had cubs. They were all so cute and the daddy would just come by and play with the cubs.

 Checking out the giraffes.

 The elephants are finally back!


I had to include the next two pictures because I LOVE my new lens. These were taken right in front of the camera! So cool!!! I can't do that with my other lens. You have to back wayyyyy up to get the shot. This lens is more for those great close ups!
 

 Waiting for the train on platform 9 3/4.

 On the train ride. I think she was little tired of smiling!!

 Riding the carousal around one last time!



This was the funniest part of the day for me. Watching all the kids line up and seeing Little Bit as part of her little school group. They were all like little ducks following the momma and Little Bit was so big. Its hard to watch the grow up so fast. 

 


Another first has come and gone. We had a blast and I was so glad I got to tag along. Its fun to watch them grow, but sad at the same time because its going so fast. 


No comments: