Pages

Monday, November 16, 2009

We're walking on sunshine.....whoa oh.....and don't it feel good!

This past weekend was BEAUTIFUL!!! I hope everyone was able to enjoy it as much as we did. All day Saturday the girls played outside in the creek next to the house. I don't have any pictures to share, but you can just imagine the fun they had. Of course they started off by asking me if they could go play BY the creek. What mom would have a problem with that?? Sure go play BY the creek! The next thing I know they are knee deep in muddy water and laughing hysterically. I couldn't help but to laugh too! They were soaked to the bone and just so darn cute. So to add to the adventure, we decided to let the dogs join in on the fun too. The four of them playing in the creek together was adorable.

That is what beautiful days are made for. I can't stand to be sitting inside on days as sunny and perfect as that. (Beware: she's getting on her soapbox!!) Just as much as I can't stand for others to be sitting inside on days like that. GET OUTSIDE PEOPLE!! Or at least make your kids go outside and play. All these new video games and computer games and cell phones and whatever else drive me crazy. Kids are so caught up in the technology world that they don't even know how to go outside and play!

It's just not right! Growing up I was outside playing every chance that I got. We didn't have all the new latest toys to play with either. We had to use our imaginations. Now there's an idea.....do kids even know what an imagination is anymore?? We made up crazy games and ran until we thought we would just fall over, rode our bikes, played in the creek, studied bugs and new creatures we had "discovered". We were rarely ever bored. In fact the only time we were really bored is when we couldn't go outside to play.

Some days you can't help that there is too much to get done inside, but you have to make time to soak up the sunshine just a little on days like we had this weekend. Enough on my soap box!!

On another note....we did get our Christmas stuff out this weekend. Don't laugh....I know it's a bit early, but I just couldn't help it. We are just already in that Christmasy mode. I will try to get some pics up soon of all the decorating the girls and I did. Until then....

No comments: