Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Miss Priss turns 9!

I am still not sure how I, me, Meg have a 9 year old! It's crazy and just not right. For one I am just not old enough and two my baby can't be that old yet! Never-the-less time is flying right before my very eyes and there doesn't seem to be anything I can do about it! UGH!

This year Miss Priss and I decided we wanted to do something a little different for her party. It's hard to plan a January party here in Alabama. Sometimes the weather is actually nice enough to have an outdoor party, but it can change on you in a split second and turn yucky. Miss Priss loves the outdoors and would love to have a party outside, but it would be on such short notice I am afraid people wouldn't be able to come and she would be disappointed. So we racked our brains until one day this past fall when we were invited to a cake party. We knew from that moment on what type of party we would be throwing!

A friend of ours started a new company this year called Design-A-Cake (click on the name to go to the link). They bring the cakes, icing, candies and other supplies, your kids design the cakes. The kids enjoy an hour of piping, shaping, sprinkling and decorating. And they love every minute of it. Each child gets to take their masterpiece home to show off and eat! It's the perfect party!

 The birthday girl ready to decorate (this is the 3rd cake she has decorated.....they get better and better each time and she hasn't gotten tired of coming up with new themes for her cakes.)
 Hard at work on making it perfect.
 Moms just stand back and let the kids do all the work.
 Little Bit's masterpiece. (This is also her 3rd cake party. Her cakes have really improved since the first time. Its cool to see them really put some thought into the designs and themes of their cakes.)
 Gracie getting some tips from Mom.
 Look how busy their little hands are!
 They all look so serious.
 One of favorite pictures looking down the table at how much fun they are all having. (And the best part is that I don't have to clean up the mess!)



Some of the girls and their final creations:

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



 Even the adult table seems to be enjoying themselves!

 Miss Priss's American Girl Doll birthday cake.
Officially turning 9 according to Little Bit!
 Everyone enjoying the yummy cake and cupcakes.
 The whole crew. 
Back row L to R: Caroline (Beth Ann's sister), Caroline S., Beth Ann, Miss Priss, Ramsey, Gracie R. and Gracie A.
Front Row L to R: Sarah, Little Bit, Abby D. and Daisy
 The whole crew silly picture.
 Present time!
 The big gift of the day from Papaw and D: Miss Priss's first official American Girl Doll. All the girls gathered around to watch as she was pulled from the box. It was really funny to watch them all get so excited!
 Miss Priss and her matching AGD, blue eyes, blonde hair and even a matching outfit.
Miss Priss knew what she was getting for her birthday so she asked all the other girls to bring their dolls too. It was cool to see all the girls with their dolls. They could have played the rest of the day together with those dolls if we had let them.

So there it is, I officially have a 9 year old. I still can't figure out where the 9 years have gone. I'm sure the next 9 will go by just as fast! 

Happy Birthday Miss Priss! We love you very much!


4 comments:

Jessica said...

That made me a little teary eyed, because I can't believe that itty bitty baby is 9! She is so beautiful! I also laughed because at the adult table I saw P drinking coffee, and that's what Micah does at parties: finds the coffee, has a seat! lol! I guess my husband is more normal than I thought! ;)Happy Birthday Abby!

Meg said...

Robert said:

As usual, Meg,... awesome job!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to a beautiful Israelite child!

Dr. Ken Simpson

Granny T said...

What a unique kind of b'day party! I love how pretty & happy Miss Priss looks with her finished product!