Pages

Monday, March 1, 2010

Ayyyy, Matey.....

I've decided I might need to start learning a second language, Pirate! At the rate we are going, I need to learn how to speak like a pirate so I can one day communicate with my future Pirate-son-in-law. That's right, I am already thinking about my future son-in-law because Little Bit is absolutely obsessed with pirates. One pirate in particular has caught her eye - Captain Jack Sparrow. (I love to hear her say Capan Jack!) She watched the Pirates of the Caribbean one time at D's and she was in LOVE! We now have an imaginary Capan Jack at our house. He has a seat at the table, a pillow and blanket on the bed (did you know that he wears spiderman PJs??), a towel in the bathroom, shoes and a coat to put on in the morning. He even has to buckle up in the car!

Apparently he has been talking to Little Bit too. She came flying into the livingroom the other night with this sad look on her face almost ready to cry. I said "What's wrong?"  Little bit, very upset, says, "Capan Jack told me to hush!" Trying not to laugh I said, "Don't let him talk to you that way! You go tell him to hush!" A smile grew on her face and she took off to her room. We could hear her in there talking very stearnly to herself, but we couldn't really make out what she was saying. Sounded like poor ole Capan Jack got an ear full though!

Now, about the son-in-law part. Little Bit has out right told us that she wants to marry a pirate one day. Many people have tried to talk her out of this one. Poor D has had no such luck. The conversation went a little like this:

Little Bit: "D, I love Capan Jack and one day I gonna marry a pirate!"

D: "Oh Honey, why would you want to do that?"

Little Bit: "Cause I like the way he looks."

D: "But he's dirty and has rotten teeth. You don't want to marry someone with rotten teeth!"

L.B.: "I don't care."

D: "But don't you know that pirates take you away from your family and make you live on a ship? You won't get to see your mommy and daddy."

L.B.: "I'll just make him bring me back sometimes."

D: "But don't you like the cute Will Turner (Orlando Bloom character) better? He's cute and a lot nicer!"

L.B.: "Nope, I like my pirate!!!!"

D: "But why?????"

L.B.: "Cause he's a wild boy and I like wild boys!" (as she moves her eyebrows up and down!)

D: "Oh heavens, don't let you're daddy hear you!"



As she runs off giggling, I thought D was going to pass out! We all had the same question - Where in the world did she come up with that one?

So I guess I am off to learn how to talk like a pirate now. Maybe one day she will come to her senses, but until then I better get busy so "Fair winds me mateys!"

3 comments:

Jessica said...

That is so funny! Where do they come up with this stuff? Thanks for the laugh!

Alice said...

Too funny!! Maybe that's why she and Michael got along so well... Michael is a wild boy. :)

Oh, and he loves pirates too... but its Pirates of the "Caricaribbean". LOL....

Holly-- The Storm Chaser said...

Too cute. Hey, I love me some Capn' Jack Sparrow too! Your girls are too precious!