Last year when we moved into this new house I was a little disappointed that we would not have a propane heater to stand in front of on those cold winter nights. In the old house it was the only thing that really kept us warm. I loved being able to go stand in front of it and just get warm.
I knew we would have the central heat here, but there is nothing like being able to instantly get warm when you've got a cold chill. P kept telling me it'll be even better at the new house, there's a real fire place and we can actually use it. (As most of you know, we had 5 fireplaces in the old house, but were unable to use them because they had not been used in a LONG time and needed to be cleaned out. With the house being so old it just wasn't safe to use them!)
So I thought whatever! It just won't be the same. If we have a real fire the house will smell and it's just too much work. Well I have to admitt I was wrong!! P started a fire one night and I fell in LOVE! We have had a fire every night that the temp. has gone below 50 degrees I think!
I don't know how I ever lived without the flames for all those years. As you can tell from the pictures, the girls love the fire too! We can't keep them out of the livingroom now!!
There have been several nights that we haven't even turned the TV on because of the fire. We just sit around and talk or play games. It's really been a nice addition. If we ever build a house in the future I want fireplaces everywhere!